Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Driverack PX 'Q' Mode

BuddyRFanBuddyRFan Posts: 14
Hi,
I'm utilizing the Driverack for a duet. We use custom built performance tracks along with live instruments. I'm not sure which "type" of Q I should be using...ie, whether to use the setting for speech, music low or music high etc.

Would someone give me some guidance?

Thanks. :D

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Do you usually have feedback problems?
    If not, go for the Music high. The good thing is that even if you end up using speech, it is a tighter filter than a 31 band EQ.

Simple answer... use the highest setting that gives you the results you want.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Do you usually have feedback problems?
    If not, go for the Music high. The good thing is that even if you end up using speech, it is a tighter filter than a 31 band EQ.

Simple answer... use the highest setting that gives you the results you want.

DRA

That is the perfect information I was looking for! I've been using the Music High selection and have very, very few feedback issues. So, I've been doing things right! or least right for our setup :)

Is it possible that I could eliminate all feedback issues by using a higher number of LIVE filters and fewer fixed filters?
  • Options
    There is a fine line between too many and not enough fixed filters. It is also trial and error. The thing is, you will not likely need more than just a few live filters (maybe 4). Generally, no more than a 30 sec lift time. Just because you select 8 fixed, it doesn't mean you have to fill them. Once you switch to live, the fixed stop looking.
    Another trick... after you set your fixed filters, switch to live and change the Q to speech. Speech works much more quickly to grab feedback.

DRA
  • Options
    How do I set up and/or edit those FIXED and LIVE filters?
  • Options
    Do you have a manual? If not you can download it. My guess is that you can press the wizard button.

DRA
  • Options
    Hey BuddyRFan,

To access the AFS parameters press and release the AFS button (holding it down will access the wizard). Read Section 3.7 on page 18 of your owners manual to learn how to navigate and make edits.
  • Options
    Thanks.