Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Physical Placement Of DRPA+ and DR260

SharpshooterSharpshooter Posts: 12
Hello,

I now have one each DRPA+ and a DR260. The DRPA+ will be used on 4 monitors powered by two amps in a 12U rack. The DR260 will be used on the FOH consisting of two 15" tops and two 18" subs powered by two amps in another 12U rack. All is going through a 16 channel mixer out to a 100' snake. Mixer is outfront and racks are side stage, 1 left and 1 right. Running Mono.

Recognizing I can place the units anywhere, I'm requesting input on the most logical position to locate the DR units.........DRPA+ in monitor rack and DR260 with laptop in FOH rack or both DR units with the mixer?

Don't have a dedicated sound man.

Thank You for the input.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The DRPA needs to be where it is accessible and not having to get on your hands and knees. The 260 is easy. Where ever is easy. That may be in the amp rack or in the effects rack. That is of course if you are use the GUI. I generally base it on if your system is always configured the same and how many output lines have to be run to the amps. Mine is not, so it stays in a small rack by itself.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    The DRPA needs to be where it is accessible and not having to get on your hands and knees. The 260 is easy. Where ever is easy. That may be in the amp rack or in the effects rack. That is of course if you are use the GUI. I generally base it on if your system is always configured the same and how many output lines have to be run to the amps. Mine is not, so it stays in a small rack by itself.

DRA

Thanks, again, DRA!! And yes I'm using the GUI on the 260.