Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Listeed DRPA Amp Tunings Not available in Wizard

ejonnejonn Posts: 3
edited December 2013 in PA Configuration Wizard
Greetings,
I am helping set up a PA for a band. They have purchased quite a nice assortment of goodies, but don't know what to do with it. And I at least have enough knowledge to be dangerous.
They have for the mains a DRPA (not a +). Setting it up has been really pretty simple, and I'm getting pretty good results.
Using the wizard, the speakers we are using are there...no problem.
The amps are not. Still no real problem. Just have set them starting from a similar amp and tweaked it a bit.
The question is:
In the owners manual.....Program List / Speaker Tunings / Power Amp Tunings.....The amps are listed.
(specifically QSC RMX 2450 and RMX 5050)
Why do they not show up in the wizard?

Thanks from a new guy :)

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Don't worry about the speakers and amps not being in the wizard. Unless you are bi-amping a horn and mid, there are no "tunings" included. All you get is a x-over point, and that point just thrown in there usually. Seldom are they correct. Go to the READ ME FIRST section and follow the step by step guide (only thread) in the START HERE section.

DRA
  • Options
    ejonnejonn Posts: 3
    Thanks DRA.
    I went through pretty much all of that while I was first setting it up......Most helpful for sure!
    As I said, the speakers are there, just not the amps. Not real worried about it as I researched and found Crowns that were very similar, so it made a good starting point. And pretty straight forward to customize for the QSC's.
    I was thinking there might be some magical mystery stuff that goes on when the specific amps are actually there to use.
    Thanks again, I do very much appreciate the info on this site!