Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

224 AFS UNIT (FEEDBACK SUPRESSION)

crazydusscrazyduss Posts: 4
HI GUYS I AM A DJ THAT PLAYS IN NIGHT CLUBS WHICH ALREADY HAVE THERE OWN EQUIPMENT ALL I TAKE WITH ME IS MY CD PLAYERS MIXER AND EFFECTS PROCESSOR,MOST TIMES BECAUSE THEY HAVE MONITERS ON STAGE THE FEEDBACK IS TERRIBLE AND MY RANE 62 HAS ONLY HI AND LOW FOR THE MIC THAT DOES NOT HELP,

MY QUESTION IS CAN I RUN THE MIC THROUGH THE AFS UNIT BY IT SELF WITH OUT RUNNING THE MAIN AUDIO OF TRACKS THROUGH IT AND IF SO WHAT MODE WOULD I USE
SPEECH
MUSIC MED
MUSIC HIGH

THIS IS THE SETUP FOR MY MIC
DBX 286S PRE TO
LEXICON 400MX TO
RANE MIXER

I TRIED THE MIC IN THE LINE INSTEAD TO CUT DOWN THE PREAMP ACTION,MAINLY USE THE 286S FOR COMPRESSER AND GATE..

PLEASE HELP THANK YOU :? :?

Comments

• Crazyduss,

You would want to connect the AFS224 to the insert point on the 286s using an insert cable (Y-cable with one TRS end, and two TS ends). The send (tip) would connect to the input of the 224, and the return (ring) is going to connect to the output of the 224.

The filter types are as follows:

Speech: 1/5 octave
    Music Low: 1/10 octave
    Music Medium: 1/20 octave
    Music High: 1/80 octave

If you can ring out the monitors before your gig starts, try running the fixed filters at music medium or music high. Then when you switch the 224 to live mode you could use music low or speech. While in live mode, if you happen to have a frequency spike on you, the wider filters will be quicker.

Hope that helps!
  • Thank you I will try....