Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

Any info on the NEW Driverack PA2-hands on?

James85James85 Posts: 63
I like the layout of the new PA2. Appears like they eliminated the layers in the menu navigation. The website claims faster, easier and better. Anyone actually have one yet?

Jim

Comments

• Hi Jim,

The PA2 has not been released yet, but I can tell you it is a pretty slick machine. Navigating the front panel is slightly different from the PA+ and PA, but it's a great design. Also controlling the PA2 with Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android will make it a better experience also. The Auto-EQ and AFS features have been revamped, and will be much more efficient compared to the PA+.

Josh
    dbx TCS
  • Any idea on the ship date?
  • James85James85 Posts: 63
    They have been available through Amazon and the usual Amazon sub-sellers for a couple of weeks. The Amazon price (which is direct from DBX to Amazon) is way high compared to the sub-seller/distributors. Right now I am seeing them sell for about $350. The Amazon direct option is not available now.The three reviews are not so enlightening.

Here is the link.

http://tinyurl.com/driverack
  • James85James85 Posts: 63
    My error. Got to Amazon link...then punch in Driverack PA2. It shows up with two very different prices.
  • Still waiting for the release. Have one paid for at Sweetwater... just waiting... :roll: :roll:
  • I got my PA2 yesterday. I replaced my PA+ with the PA2.

(for a bit of background, the system I'm running is a Crown XTI-4000 and 4x JBL SRX-715s for the tops, and two Crown XTI-6000's powering 8 JBL SRX-718Ss for the subs. Signal is sent from Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus players, plugged into a Pioneer DJM900 Nexus mixer).

Having used a PA+ up until yesterday, my first impressions are the following:

- AutoEQ allows three levels "Good", "Better" and "Best". So far, I've only run through the Wizard with "Good". It required three different positions of the RTA Mic. To my ears, my system seems to be much "sharper", the mids seem to have better articulation, the content seems more faithfully reproduced.
    - Setup via the new menus is faster, and easier.
    - I downloaded the Windows app and took a look at the various settings from my PC. The application is dead simple to use. The user interface is extremely easy. You can actually "see" what autoEQ has done, graphically.
    - Aesthetically, the new, black faceplate is more attractive than the PA+ silver color.
    - Would be great if a firmware setting under utility allowed for the red "Wizard" illumination to be switched OFF. It's quite bright!
    - The new level LEDs (horizontal lines, rather than small squares) is more visually appealing and more easily observed, especially when you're at an extreme angle (nearly beside, but parallel to the faceplate).
    - I didn't see the iOS app in Apple's app store yet, did I somehow manage to miss it?
    - The higher resolution display is a plus

If you guys have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.
    -Matt
  • Tom99Tom99 Posts: 18
    Is Mac software included please?
  • dbx does not include any of the software in the actual packaging (at least as of the time my unit was shipped). The Mac OS X software can be downloaded directly from the product page at http://dbxpro.com/en-US/products/driverack-pa2 (as well as the Windows and Android software).
  • Looks like the iOS app became available over the weekend in the App Store.
  • Tom99Tom99 Posts: 18
    Do you mean the App store on the Mac where we can download it to a Macbook Pro, or on the iPhone and iPad App store please? Can you tell me what it is called please as I can't find it.
  • SlonarSlonar Posts: 3
    When using the signal generator for the auto eq can you adjust the output volume directly on the unit or you must absolutely use your amplifier gains to adjust the volume?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Use the data wheel.
  • SlonarSlonar Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply,

I see you own pretty much all the DBX PA units, how is the sound quality from the PA2 compared to the 260?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I only have a 260 and three PA's.