Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Driverack PX sound dropping

TLamontTLamont Posts: 5
edited January 2014 in DriveRack PX
I setup my Driverack PX a couple different ways. Using a pre-existing setup with just 2 tops and then running with the wizard. So far I just have it in my basement testing and on several occasions after playing fine for a short amount of time the sound starts crackling and eventually dropping out and then re-appearing regardless if the level coming thru it is low or high. I've turned it off, back on and it kinda continues that pattern. I have bypassed the DriveRack to make sure it isn't something else and it works fine. The cabling should be fine. Is there anything that would cause the unit to start compressing even though the volume isn't really doing anything abnormal. Could I just have a bad unit? Any help or suggestion appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Are you saying that the compressor is ON? I would recommend against it being ON in most application. Where are the x-over filter levels set (gain)? Where do you have the gains set on your speakers (assume they are powered)?

DRA
  • Options
    I didn't specifically shut off the compressor. I assumed as I ran the wizard it would set it up appropriately. It does work intially fine but then inexplicably starts crackling and losing sound in and out. The speakers are not powered. I have the power amp set at 75%. And I'm only using tops in this setup.
  • Options
    How long does it take to start messing up? Is it consistent? Is this a new (or still under warranty) item?

DRA
  • Options
    It is new, less than 30 days from the local Guitar Center. At rehearsal the other night we were about 30 minutes or less into when it started flaking out. I had the issue intially about 2 weeks ago while I was setting up for the 1st time and thought it may have been my setup. I carefully walked thru the wizard a couple of times and tested by playing music from my iPad. The other day was the 1st time I tested again with vocals, keys, and bass running a fairly low levels. I want it to work because it does sound good from testing when it is working.
  • Options
    If they will do an exchange, Do it. It does sound like it has a problem.

DRA
  • Options
    OK...I just wanted to make sure there's no obvious reason the unit should be acting in this manner. It just seems too random to be anything functional causing that. Thank you for your thoughts.