Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Presets or custom setup

seqdrvseqdrv Posts: 4
edited January 2014 in PA Configuration Wizard
We are a working band and just bought the dbx driverack plus for our system. I have tried using a few of the presets but none give me the sound we need. I have also tried using the custom setup but it runs into problems when checking the amps. ie( make sure speakers of amps are turned on). Any way, I m looking for recomendations for the following setup.

Main Speakers
(2)JBL MX525
Power amp for Highs
(1) Gemini XGA-4000 Power Amplifier (4000 Watts)

Sub Speakers
(2) B-52 LX-18EV3 1000W Folded Subwoofer
Power amp for lows
(1) Behringer iNUKE NU6000DSP

Mixer ---- Peavey XR 1212

and (1) DBX driverack pa+ with RTA mic

Any thoughts or recomendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian----
http://sequoiadriveband.com

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You are over-valuing the wizard for setting up a typical system (passive tops and subs). Just set up a custom and select custom for any component not in the list. Actually you can select custom for everything.
    Set the sub's filter as 45hz BW18 - 100hz LR24
    Set the top's filter as 100hz LR24

DRA
  • Options
    Dra,

1st-Thanks for the feedback. I will try the custom config for everything and set the crossover
    frequencies as you have stated.

2nd-- have you tried a setup with the Inuke series of amps? Or, do you know if I should leave
    the Inuke amp at its factory default settings (ie. no adjustments to Gain, freqs, eq) or will I need
    to adjust it .

Thanks,

Brian
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    #2) No I have not. YOu should go to the READ ME FIRST section and read the START HERE thread. It describe in detail about setting the gain structure.

DRA
  • Options
    DRA,

Many Thanks!!! I read the START HERE thread and That was exactly what I needed to know.

Brian