Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

Settings for sub - Guess it goes here...

icopulateicopulate Posts: 6
Made some search but cannot find "settings" for subs i used.

1)Am using inuke 6000 dsp to power them.
*Stereo 4 Ohms per channel: 3000W or 2200Wrms ; inflated numbers from their manual....
"4 Ohm "Power output was 2.27kW at 1kHz and 2.12kW at 31Hz. Taken from > http://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202_page1.html

2) Am using 4 piece wharfedale delta 18b sub. (powered by the above @ 4 ohms 2 per side)
http://www.wharfedalepro.com/Home/Products/PASSIVELOUDSPEAKERS/DELTASERIES/DELTA18B/tabid/423/Default.aspx
800/1600/3200 My guess is also inflated? FREQUENCY RESPONSE (PASSIVE) (+/- 3DB) 38-150Hz

3) Using dr 260.(at time i use 2x6, at time i use presets)
Setting i used>
Sub synth > 50% , 24-36Hz @ 60% , 36-56Hz @ 45%.
Low pass 60.7Hz LR 48 , HP 30.4Hz BW 18

4) Mains are most of the time "Wharfedale EVP-x15p" with QSC k12 at time...

So, onto my noob qus. First time fiddling around with 260, or rather DR products.
Even when i set 2x6, i still do not know how to input values of the amp i am using.
Now i use presets & adjust manually to store.

What are the suggested setting for the gains shown for the crossover?
Is there any magical numbers/settings for sub synth?
If; i were to off sub synth, how should i set for the PEQs?
I am really green with DR 260

* I understand there are limitations with the items i used, was wondering if there's any way to let dr 260 bring the best out of them.
It will be great if all kind people here can "spoon feed" me tuning/settings which can let the subs work wonders :mrgreen:

Thanks In Advance.
Dennis.

EDITED: Btw, what are the F1 to F4 & the Q & S i see from PEQ? How to set them?
*Guess i am not properly set-up as no RTA mic, there is also no amps nor sub for me to choose from the wizard...
*Is there some "typical" settings for DR 260 to make all sound appear like in clubs/disco/cinema? (Mainly the low feq)
If so, what are them?

Thanks.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I wouldn't use the sub synth.
    Set the subs to 40hz BW18 - 100hz LR24
    Set the tops to 100hz LR24

Got to the Read me First section and read the start here thread about gain structure and read any of the other FAQ section threads that seem to fit your needs. There is really a lot of great info there from real users. The manual is suspect on some topics.

DRA
  • Dra wrote:
    I wouldn't use the sub synth.
    Set the subs to 40hz BW18 - 100hz LR24
    Set the tops to 100hz LR24

Got to the Read me First section and read the start here thread about gain structure and read any of the other FAQ section threads that seem to fit your needs. There is really a lot of great info there from real users. The manual is suspect on some topics.

DRA

Thanks,

So erm, if HP is @ 40Hz BW18, i will be missing all the lows?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If you feel that you have content below 40hz, you can certainly lower it. Do you know the -10db point? DO NOT go lower than that. The sub is going to work really hard to go below the -3db point (38hz).

DRA