Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

PA2 Firmware update w/o internet...

RhythmicNatureRhythmicNature Posts: 10
edited July 2014 in PA General Discussion
Is there a way that I can download a firmware update and apply it on the PA2 without having on-site internet access?

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Sounds like a good question for tech support.

DRA
  • Dra wrote:
    Sounds like a good question for tech support.
    DRA

Thanks, Dra. I sent it along. :)
  • PearlproPearlpro Posts: 12
    If you have a laptop simply download the file to the laptop then use the laptop to transfer via the WIFI or Network port...I typically save these on my desktop to make them easy to transfer and find...
  • tunaman4u2tunaman4u2 Posts: 13
    I'll be getting mine today,

I'll update it before I install it if theres been some new firmware lately
  • The system is pretty amazing. There is new firmware. I can't find anywhere where you can just download the firmware installer without first being connected to both the PA2 and the controlling device on the internet. That was more or less my question - whether or not there was a separate download we could use. The manual says so, but I don't think it's actually true right now. ;)
  • tunaman4u2tunaman4u2 Posts: 13
    I couldn't get my windows 7 computer to recognize it or update it through USB. I had to plug into router & go that way. Updated it quickly.... was hoping for an improved list of speakers but no such luck. They had some cloud update in the speaker list & still nothing new that I needed, no problem.
  • If you have experienced problems updating the firmware directly from the latest version of the PA2 Control App, please try installing and running the standalone version of the PA2 Firmware Updater v1.1.9 found at the following link.
    http://dbxpro.com/en-US/softwares/pa2-f ... er-windows