Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

PA2 with QSC powered speakers

robgoldbergrobgoldberg Posts: 16
edited June 2014 in PA General Discussion
Hi folks. Here's what I have:

1. Behringer X32 digital mixing console
2. 2 x QSC KW122
3. 2 x QSC KW181 (cabled in series - mono)

Before getting the PA2 I used the X32 for everything. I had the mains going through 3 matrix channels and set up all the crossover points in the X32. I did not use the QSC built in crossover points. At that time I was also trying to use REW on my laptop with a measurement mic to EQ a venue.

I wanted the 'auto' eq piece to be easier which is why I bought the PA2.

But now I don't really know the best way to utilize what I have. I run the PA2 auto EQ on the system. When I play taped music or stream something it sounds pretty good. But when I try things like vocal mics (I'm in a band) they sound horrible. Of course I recognize that each vocal channel has to be tuned correctly for the person who will use it but the starting point to that process doesn't seem like it should sound as badly as it does. Almost seems like I was doing a better job before I got the PA2 but I think with the right help from those of you who know this stuff way better than me, I can be glad I got the PA2.

So bottom line, without making this thread post too long, is I would like to get advice on how to best use the PA2 with the gear that I own (listed above) and still keep the venue EQ process as quick and painless as possible.

Thanks everyone .......... I really need some help here ...........

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Wow, just now saw this.

What does the post GEQ curve look like? Perhaps the new curve does not work well with the mic channel EQ you have been using. You are right, you will have to re-EQ pretty much every channel on the board. There is a really good video on youtube of dave rat describing system vs channel eq, and what he does.

DRA