Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Mono out on a PA+ or PA2?

Merle TMerle T Posts: 20
edited June 2014 in PA General Discussion
I'm trying to reconfigure my main PA rack with 3 amps into a smaller rack for small gig's, especially when there are stairs involved. So mains and monitors, no sub.To do this I am trying to go mixer L/R into the PA+ inputs. Then from PA+ into a single amp with A and B side. I have the amp setup as dual mono. I'd like to have one amp output in mono drive the mains (daisy chained), and the other amp output mono to a few daisy chained monitors. BUT, I get stereo across the mains and monitors. I've tried stereo and mono inputs via setup, but don't see a way to set the output to mono. Any suggestions???

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I don't understand what you want to do and what result you are getting.

Can you chart it something like...
    Output 1 (mains) > DRPA+ L > amp 1 (stereo) side A > mains speakers.
    Output 2 (monitors) > DRPA+ R > amp (mono) side A & B > monitors.

DRA
  • Options
    I figured out a work around, but here is what I was trying to do;

Output L (mains) > DRPA+ L > amp 1 (Mono) side A > mains speakers daisy chained.
    Output R (monitors) > DRPA+ R > amp (mono) side B > monitors.

When I play music thru it, the mains are a stereo left, the monitors stereo right. I believe it's because the mixer is sending a stereo L/R signal.

My work around was to use the Low PA+ (mono) output for one signal chain, and an aux sends from the mixer for the other. Seems to work fine, I just wondered if you could config the High PA+ outputs to mono instead of stereo.

Anyway, I just got PA2 and have a digital mixer due tomorrow, so everything is un-racked so I can't try anything different at the moment.
  • Options
    This may help further.

http://dbxpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

What mixer are you using?

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll give that a try. The mixer is a Behringer X2222USB.
  • Options
    You may have a perfectly good reason, but why are you not using an Aux for your monitors? Do you want the house mix and the monitor mix to be the same? Or are you trying to mix with the pans? Seems that you would have feed back problems with the strip EQs going to both.

DRA
  • Options
    That's what I'm going with now.