Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Rear panel PA+

Vee8bobVee8bob Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in PA General Discussion
Hi all.
I'm pretty new to DBX gear.

I have a DBX PA+ and I want to know if it's normal for both the +4 -10 button and the Ground Lift button on this model to not have a great amount of movement in and out, I can't tell just by pressing and is there somewhere on the LCD which will show me what state the unit is in?
I have a DBX 166xl which has similar buttons and with these buttons, it's immediately apparent whether they are in the "in" or "out" position, not so with the PA+.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The only advice I can give is to use a small object (paper clip, pen, screw driver, or other solid / rigid thing) is the push distance is less than the return distance, then it is out. If push is more then it is in. The key is to maintain contact.

To verify the +4 / -10. Set the volume on the amp to really low, then press the button. -10 will be louder.

The ground lift can be in either, go with which is quieter.

DRA
  • Options
    Vee8bobVee8bob Posts: 3
    Thanks for that DRA.

it's just that my speakers are in one place my subs are in another and my flight rack case is in yet another so I was hoping there was another way of testing the unit without it being connected to a system hence the question of a visual check on the LCD.
    I've got a gig Sunday so I guess it'll have to wait until then.

Thanks again.

Bob