Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

DRPX Drastic Price Drop. What's Replacing It?

Randy LRandy L Posts: 10
edited June 2014 in DriveRack PX
Most major online retailiers have drastically dropped the price of the DRPX to $149. That must mean something is going to replace it. Any word on what the new model is/will be? Incidentally, this price drop is a Godsend to many as the price is now too low to pass up, and many seem to be snatching them up.
I see the new PA2 is out, but not sure if that will replace the PX.

Even 5 years from now, I will love my DRPX as the primary processor in my rig.

Comments

• Options
    QscJblGuyQscJblGuy Posts: 5
    I have the same question. I paid around $400 for my PX about a year ago and and have since read on this forum that some Driverack PX units work as a turn-key "set it and leave it" system, and other older firmware is problematic and that auto-eq and other features wont work right. Is it "the now discounted PX" which has issues, and the PX2 or PX+ which is the miracle box?

If I have PX can I firmware upgrade to PX+?

Would we be better served to abandon the old PX and invest in the PX+ or a newer up-gradable box?

I run sound from stage and cannot scroll thru menus or mess around much in the clubs. I was hoping the PX would shoot out its pink or white noise for 10 seconds and set everything up like a robot.

$149 is a great deal, but not is it involves all this legwork of setting RTA mics on pillows or going outside with my whole system and what not.