Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Help Identifying PA Speaker

Cory CooperCory Cooper Posts: 51
Hi All...been a long time. Hope you have all been well.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I figured with all the experience here, someone could probably identify this brand/model of speaker.

pa.jpg

Thanks in advance,

C

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The lower badge looks like a strange Cerwin Vega logo, but the cab "looks" like no CV I have seen. The image pixeled out when I tried to zoom it. It appears to be a 2x15, 2in, & 1in.

All I got, sorry. Have you tried PSW?

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks DRA,

Yeah, I thought the lower badge look a little like Yorkville or similar. The upper blue round badge looks like the Crown logo...like they may be powered cabs. Sorry I don't have a higher resolution photo...it's from a Facebook posting.

I have searched all over the Internet, but nothing close. I tried several manufacturer/dealer websites as well. I haven't posted on PSW yet, but will do so after re-creating my account! ;)

Thanks again,

C
  • Options
    Ray Aberle on PSW suggested the Mackie SA1232. Using his suggestion and looking a bit closer at my photo, they are the Mackie SA1532z.

mackiesa1532z.jpg

Thanks again DRA, mystery solved.

C
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Resolution is the key. Obviously, that is what they are (at least Mackies).
  • Options
    Yeah resolution is the key in this type of a situation. ;)

As an FYI - The reason I was asking is because my brother is in a '70s band in Nashville, and he posted a photo of their setup. I didn't recognize these cabs, but I bet it made for some nice sound.

70s.jpg

C