Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Crossover for Ev ZX5 and Tx1181 subs

cia04cia04 Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in PA General Discussion
Hi All.

First time in.Great forum.But have to admit its a bit heavy for me to grasp at times.I need help setting up my system without frying it so any assistance would be great.

What i have.

Tops EV ZX5s
Freq range 41Hz - 20hz -3dB
Freq response 58Hz -15Hz -10dB
Hp freq 36 Hz
Rated Power 600w Cont 2400w peak
Lf power handling 500w 2000 peak
Hf power handling 40w 160 peak

Subs Ev tx1181
Freq range 45Hz - 700hz -3dB
Freq response 50Hz -160Hz -10dB
Hp freq 30 Hz
Rated Power 500w Cont 2000w peak

Each Speaker is powered in bridged mono by a Dynacord s1200 power amps at 1200w at 8omhs.

Is it possible to use to use this configuration in the Drpa using L=R high an low outputs on each amp.
Also what would be a safe Crossover setting.The system is used by a live six piece band.Any help on Auto Eq for this set up would be great too ie distance of rta mic,single or both stacks same time.

Cheers.
Ck

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What driverack do you have?

DRA
  • Options
    Sorry older Drive rack Pa not +
  • Options
    So, you have 4 amps?

" this configuration in the Drpa using L=R high an low outputs on each amp." I am confused. What are you saying?

25' in front of one speaker stack. Mic on floor laying on towel, folded many times to make thick as possible. Mic pointed at stack. Turn off opposite stack.

DRA
  • Options
    Sorry 4 amps each in bridged mono powering and individual speaker.Main signal feed to drive rack from Soundcraft Gb4 mixer.
  • Options
    " this configuration in the Drpa using L=R high an low outputs on each amp." I am confused. What are you saying?

DRA
  • Options
    Basically is it safe to use an individual amp and speaker in each driverack output and what would be a good crossover freq.Attaching an image of set up sorry if i wreckin ur head.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oim ... 9Qeqg/edit
  • Options
    Could not open the doc. without permission.

subs: 45hz BW18 - 100hz LR24
    tops: 100hz LR24

DRA

PS - I was hoping you would see the typos you made and correct them. When someone has a typo when dealing with configurations and connections, it is hard to make a judgment.
    " L=R high an low outputs" reads as "L equals R high" and "an low outputs". 4 amps from 4 outputs implies you meant to say... "L & R, high and low outputs".
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Could not open the doc. without permission.

subs: 45hz BW18 - 100hz LR24
    tops: 100hz LR24

DRA

PS - I was hoping you would see the typos you made and correct them. When someone has a typo when dealing with configurations and connections, it is hard to make a judgment.
    " L=R high an low outputs" reads as "L equals R high" and "an low outputs". 4 amps from 4 outputs implies you meant to say... "L & R, high and low outputs".
    Yep see that now was supposed to read L+R High and Lows outputs cheers for all the help could'nt post the image directly on the post.Again thanks for the replys.
    Ck
  • Options
    Yes. The DR does not care or know if the amps are bridged, but you will have to balance the bands by ear (as always).

DRA