Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Thinking about buying DRPA+, will it work with my setup?

Flynnk31Flynnk31 Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in PA General Discussion
To start off I would like to apologize if this has already been answered, but I searched for about an hour and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. So here it goes...

Ok, so here is our current hardware:

Mackie SR 24-4 passive mixer
DBX 223xs Crossover
QSC RMX 850
QSC RMX 2450
JBL JRX 115 x2 (Mains)
JBL JRX 112M x2 (Monitors)
EV Force i 18" Sub x2

This is how we currently have everything setup:

PASetup.jpg

Basically, my question is....can I swap out the DBX 223xs directly for the DriveRackPA+? If I do buy the PA+ will I still be able run my system in Mono, or do I have to get another amp and run the whole system in stereo? I'm really hoping I can make it work, because I absolutely LOVE all the features that the DRPA+ adds to the picture.

Thank you so much in advance!

Cheers!

Kyle
http://www.themondaysband.com

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Yes, but you'll have to use a little trickery. Simple once you understand what is doing. Check out this post from the FAQ section.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

DRA
  • Options
    That's great news! Thanks a bunch.

I think what I'll end up doing is running the system like this for a bit, until I can afford to get another power amp. Then I'll be able to run everything stereo and then I shouldn't need to use the "trickery" anymore.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    To use the Driverack on mains and monitors you HAVE to run mono.

DRA
  • Options
    Ok, that does make sense.....do most people run their monitors through the DriveRack also?

I actually found a used power amp (QSC PLX1602) to buy. I'll be adding that to the system. What setup would you suggest I run with 3 amps (Mains, Subs, Monitors)? With the addition of the new amp, I could go by what the "QuickStart_Guide" suggests, which is just High Amp, Low Amp and run stereo to each. Or should I keep running mono and run the monitors through the DriveRack also?

Thanks a ton for all the help!
  • Options
    It is really up to you. If you WANT stereo, then don't run monitors through the Driverack. If you run mono, I would run the monitors through the Driverack.
    I can't say what most people do, but the option is there.

DRA