Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

Drive Rack PA2 measurement mic position and mic quality

giusfregiusfre Posts: 28
edited September 2014 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hi!
I have seen that the PA2 display show 4 different mic positions during the auto eq wizard instead of the 4 positions showned in the manual!
Which are the right we have to follow: the 4 showned in the manual or the 4 showned in the drive rack PA2 display?

I have an old RTA-M mic that i was used to use with my first and second drive rack PA (i owned about 8 years ago); now that I'm going to purchuase a new drive rack PA2 I don't know if the mic is still perfectly full working or if it as some audio issues.
Is there a way to check the quality and the functionality of the mic?
I'm thinking about the AUDIX TM-1: is it a better choise from the RTA-M that I have and is it full compatible with the drive rack PA2?
Many many thanks
Marco

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Any measurement mic, of any similar quality (or better) will work.

DRA
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Dra wrote:

DRA

Agreed, assuming the mic hasn't been knocked over and hit the floor several times
  • Dra wrote:

DRA

Many thanks! And what about the 4 measurement mic position: are the manual suggested 4 or the pa2 on screen to be applayed?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That is to allow summing (averaging) of the results to eliminate any nulls or hot spots. The locations really don't matter too much, as long as they are diverse... but I'd go with the screen.

DRA