Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Newbie Question

puddlespuddles Posts: 2
Hi,

I am a mobile DJ with a couple of quite a decent 3K rigs and have been asked several times if I rent out my equipment. Up to now have refused as I don't want it being returned damaged due to DJs blowing speakers and the like.

This is the reason I have been looking at the DBX limiters but would like to be sure I am looking at the right kit as I want something that disables DJs from cranking up the sound and damaging the equipment by locking the volume to a set height by way of an input code on the limiter.
I would also like to know with dry hires (when I'm not there to oversee) if there is a way to stop them just unplugging the limiter and connecting directly to the speaker/amplifiers.

Any advice on the best model to do the job would also be helpful.

All help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The DR260 has multi-level password protection that will not allow changes to settings. Like all of the Driveracks, the 260 is an all-in-one box, so it can still be unplugged to taken out of the chain. If you are running a simple full range set-up, that would be easy for a DJ to do without hurting the sound too much. But if you are also using subs, then the x-over would be lost, so the sound would be affected and the risk off damage goes up as well.

DRA