Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Monitor setup with PA+

ChrisLeoChrisLeo Posts: 18
edited November 2014 in PA General Discussion
Hi all, I use a DRPA 2 with my FOH system, amazing performance and ease of use. The remote app use is fantastic.

I also run a DRPA+ on our stage monitors which are 2x powered EV ZLX15P, and 2x powered EV ZLX12P's. I know most of you are going to say those speakers have built in DSP and don't need a DRPA! Although, there definitely is a massive difference through the driverack. The compression and eq settings are far easier to use and setup through the DRPA.
I first hooked them up as left and right individually, with line outs from each speaker connecting to the additional 2. Did not seem to block out feedback so I figured the line out was not visible to the DRPA. I have now hooked them up as just left & right, ie: only 2 monitors going through the DRPA+ but still seem to have issues with feedback.

Would appreciate if you could help me out as to what I'm doing wrong with the AFS and also if there is any way I could hook all 4 up through the one DRPA+ (obviously not FOH)
Cheers, Chris

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    1) The AFS will work best with a hot signal in and x-over or amp levels attenuated down to compensate.
    2) How many fixed and live filters did you select?
    3) What is the live filter lift set to?
    4) You must be is fixed for them to be permanent. You must be in live to catch during performance.
    5) Do you maybe have the AFS bypassed?

What else can you tell me?

DRA