Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

hooking up my pa+

willie16wildwillie16wild Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in PA General Discussion
I can understand how to hook up everything by just looking at the quick start guide that was with the dbx pa+.

I am a DJ just to let everyone know now. I use a computer to play music basically.

I will now tell what my equipment Is and the order how I have everything set up.

Computer - u mix controller pro by mix vibes - PV8 Mixer - IPR 2 5000 DSP - IPR 2 5000 DSP.

I run (2) peavey qw 2f for tops and run (2) peavey sp118 for bottom subs. First amp goes to tops and second amp goes to bottoms.

I understand where to put everything if I was just using my set up as just a pa system but I have music coming out of my mixer. Do I do what it says in the quick start guide. Start at mixer main outs then go to pa+ and hook up the cables like it says in the guide. I am just not sure cause I have music playing also going through those cables.

I am very new to this dbx driverack. Never mess with this type stuff. Thank you and I hope someone can help me if possible.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Mixer out to PA+ in. PA+ high out to hi amp low out to low amp.

DRA
  • Dra wrote:

DRA

Yep I do understand that.

Did you read the part where my music comes out of the mixer and then into my amps. Is it fine for my music to go into the pa+ then into my amps. This is my big question if you could help me with that?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Dra wrote:

DRA

Did you read the part where my music comes out of the mixer and then into my amps. Is it fine for my music to go into the pa+ then into my amps. This is my big question if you could help me with that?

That is what I said. From mixer to PA+ then to amps.

DRA
  • Dra wrote:
    Dra wrote:

DRA

That is what I said. From mixer to PA+ then to amps.

DRA

Ok I was just making sure that it ok. You just didn't say that so I wasn't sure.

Thank you for the help