Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2

EV ETX-35P speaker tunings

jamesm3663jamesm3663 Posts: 5
edited September 2015 in DriveRack PA2
I am very new to the live sound world (not to mention the Driverack world). So my questions are probably not going to contain the right substance. Here goes nothing lol.

Which output do I connect these speakers to (powered three-way)? Do I run the wizard and choose not listed? Or do I manually configure crossover points? If I get manufacturers data for these points, what info is pertinent and where do I put my settings?

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    what speakers?
  • The clue is in the title...
    I see that. However, he only lists one speaker... a powered speaker. Then asks about x-over points.

DRA
  • Mety99Mety99 Posts: 5
    I'll try to answer your question James.

Looking at the specs of your speakers, they're 3-way powered, as you stated.
    Therefore their crossover settings are set internally (at 700Hz and 2900Hz.)

As you guessed, one way to do it is to run the wizard and choose not listed, full range.
    You then connect your speakers via the High outputs only.

You may also wish to set a High Pass filter at 38Hz as this is also stated in the spec.

Regarding the speaker tunings, I tried to get info from EV too but they told me "they are internal values which are not offered to customers"!
    (See my post - "Sourcing speaker tuning details". Over 700 views and not one response!)

Maybe you'll have better luck!
  • I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply. I must not have had my email message me when I received responses. My set up is:

Mains:
    2 - EV - ETX-35p's (powered three way speakers)
    Subs:
    4 - EV tour X -TX1181 (passive)
    2 - Crown XLS 2500 (both bridged and drives two subs each)

Application:
    Live band. Both the mains and subs are running in stereo.
    Custom passive
    Custom subs (stereo)
    Custom hi amps
    Crown XLS 2500 sub amp bridged (if it asks)

Tops: 100hz LR24 - out (hi outputs)
    Subs: 45hz BW18 - 100hz LR24 (low outputs)

You can try the 100's at 90 if you wish and compare. Go with what sounds best.

DRA