Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

DRPA2 and Peavey SP3

mclir9mclir9 Posts: 51
Howdy All,
I am thinking about purchasing a pair of Peavey SP3BX and I noticed that these speakers are included on the Tunings List built in to the DRPA2. If I choose the SP3 in my Wizard setup, does this mean that the DRPA2 will automatically setup the best Crossover choices for me if I am Tri-Amping?? I am also using a pair of Yamaha SW118V for Subs. I am just a little confused because I realize that the SP3 has (3) components(15" Black Widow, 6.5" Midrange and .875" Tweeter) I am upgrading from a pair of SP2's that only had (2) components(15" Black Widow & .875" Tweeter) to figure into the crossover. When I look at the crossover section on the DRPA2 with the SP3 chosen I still only get choice of crossing over High, Mid, Low. I guess I should let the built in X-Over in the SP3 take care of the signal going to the .875" driver?? A little confused.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The picture of the input plate shows that the cab is bi-amp ready. In a 3-way cab, the onboard x-over will handle the mid to hi interaction. So...
    Mid & tweet > high input on cab (high output from DRPA)
    Woofer > Low input on cab (mid output from DRPA)
    Sub > Low out from DRPA

DRA