Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Driverack PA+ red lights on highs

rickryanrickryan Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in PA General Discussion
Newbie here. Forgive me if this one's been asked before.

I'm having something weird that's bugging me with this unit. I'm running USB > Denon MC6000, then xlr out to the driverack (pictured above). Mixer master output is 70% and channels are not over-driven, maybe just tapping yellow occasionally. On the driverack output LEDs, the low is maybe tapping the 2nd green bar, as is the high. Should be perfect levels, from what I can tell. However, I'm seeing a lot of red lights on the highs, even though yellow and the last green are never lighting. It's kinda baffling. I have limiting engaged and I'm not hearing any distortion and the meters would seem to indicate I've got plenty of headroom left yet the high LED is hitting red pretty consistently. BTW, it's a fast flicker, if that makes any sense. Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Go to the limiter screen and you will see that the limiting bar is probably keeping time with the red lights (at least in interval). You either have the threshold set too low or the ratio is not correct. Or maybe both.

DRA
  • Options
    rickryanrickryan Posts: 3
    Dra wrote:
    Go to the limiter screen and you will see that the limiting bar is probably keeping time with the red lights (at least in interval). You either have the threshold set too low or the ratio is not correct. Or maybe both.

DRA

Seems like I remember setting threshold at about -12db. Are you saying something more like -6db?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I am saying that the threshold should be set to were you want the protection to start. That of course depends on amps, cabs, and volume needed, etc.

DRA