Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2

Bad review on Amazon

coffee_kingcoffee_king Posts: 12
edited May 2015 in DriveRack PA2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B00H ... =4&sort=rd

Can anyone comment on if this reviewers issues have been addressed yet as I dont want to buy something if the system does no know my speakers and possible future speaker choices.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Perhaps he should have posted here or at the PSW forum. Quite frankly, there are so few users here, PSW would be best. I am one of the very view that still contribute help to new users, and I do not own a PA2.

DRA
  • Hi
    I appreciate your response but you havnt mentioned if the issues are sorted?
    You are correct. I didn't mention if the issues are sorted. I don't own a PA2, so I can't say if they exist, of if he is doing something wrong.

DRA
  • Dra wrote:
    Driverack PA (2).

DRA
    It says you do in your list.
    Driverack PA (2), not Driverack PA2.

Sorry for the confusion.

DRA
  • mbdundee00mbdundee00 Posts: 7
    If a person does not understand how to use any model of driverack and is not willing to dig in and look into it, then those are unfortunately the type of comments that get posted.
    I actively still work with the some original PA's, I own a PA+ and 2 of the latest PA2's. The PA2 is a bit different in front panel layout but all functionality for adjusting speakers/amps is there. I have taken much of the information posted in these forums to learn how to manually setup my systems. I am of the belief that even if your complete setup has pre-defined listings you will still need to understand how to tweak and adjust them.
    As for the PA2 in my opinion the network attach with the available app is amazing. I can get the initial setup dialed in from anywhere I want making it much easier and faster. All of the auto tuning wizards are so much faster than before so if you choose to use them it doesn't take minutes of pink noise to set it they sound more like a brief star wars effect.
    I have both active and passive speaker setups depending on what I am running sound for, I do some live and some limited DJ stuff for weddings and have had no problems getting different setups with different equipment adjusted with the PA2. I tend to mix and match. I am not a pro but have not blown up any speakers or amps yet and typically get good comments.
    Just my 2cents worth.
    Welcome.
    Hope you will monitor the forum and help out where you can.

DRA