Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

Using internet music streaming service and PA2 software...?

Ian AnthonyIan Anthony Posts: 14
edited July 2015 in DriveRack PA2
Hi,

I'm working as a solo singer, using a very typical powered speaker system for my PA and the DBX PA2 to manage my system EQ and AFS.

I'm using an iPad 2 for my PA2 software and getting great results from setting up my system for auto EQ and AFS. It's a godsend to me to know that I've got a really good overall sound after running the auto EQ plus a much lower risk of feedback after running the AFS system.

I've set up a dedicated router in my flight case to take care of the link between my mixer and the PA2 unit, works well, very robust connection and great to use for a walk around the venue to check and adjust sound levels. All good.

My question for the forum relates to use of a music streaming service ( Spotify ) for the periods of time when I'm off-stage. For me, Spotify is a really good system for providing background music from playlists and even some old school disco if requested.

The problem I've come across is that Spotify needs an internet connection to function properly ( either using the venues wireless network if they have one, or using my iphone as a local internet 'hotspot' ).

Unfortunately I can't find a way to get my iPad to deal with both an internet connection and a connection to the PA2's dedicated router at the same time.

It's either the wireless internet network ( to use Spotify ), or the PA2 router network ( to connect the PA2 wirelessly ), but not both at the same time?

Can any of you wise old owls come up with a solution which will allow me to run both these networks alongside each other? :wink:

Ian.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What router did you use? I just got the Venu360 and will need to purchase a router for it.
    I would recommend posting to http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php. There are a lot more members of that forum with a broader knowledge base.

DRA