Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2

New PA2 Setup

jnicholsjnichols Posts: 5
edited August 2015 in DriveRack PA2
Hello,

I am fairly new to running sound, but I do know enough to be dangerous. I recently just purchased the PA2. My speaker setup is:

2 - QSC K12
2 - QSX KSub

I know how to connect my mixer to the PA2. What I want to know is the best way to hook up my speakers? There is Low, Mid, and High on the back of the PA2. Do I just run the Low to the subs and High to the mains? Or can I run the Mid and High to the mains with a Y-cable? Or does it not work that way?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Look at pg 53 in the manual.

DRA
  • Thanks! That is what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. Will I want to set the switch on the back of the K12's to Normal?
    What does the Normal switch do? If it is setting the cab to full range, then yes. That allows the PA2 to set the x-over filters.

DRA
  • This is what it says in the QSC manual.

From the factory, the switch is set to “NORM.�
    This means that the loudspeaker system is producing a normal low-frequency signal through the woofer. This is
    the standard setting for most applications.

When using one of the top boxes with a subwoofer, the switch should be moved to the “EXT SUB� position to
    engage the 100 Hz high-pass filter.

I am using it with a subwoofer, but wouldn't the driverack x-over take care of that??
    Yes. The PA2 will handle that. And I would use the setting recommended by EV: 100hz LR24 for the highs and lows. The sub's HPF will be set by the EV's internal DSP, though you might consider adding a 30hz BW18 (or higher) as a fail safe.

DRA
  • Ok. So

K12 set switch on back to Normal or EXT SUB?

When you say EV you mean QSC right?

How does the HPF in the sub get set by the internal DSP if the the mains and subs are not connected?? I am confused..

What is a 30hz BW18?

Sorry I am new to all this...
    Sorry. Yes, QSC.
    Switch to Normal.
    Maybe you should contact QCS (or go to their forums) about the sub's DSP's functions. The manual is not clear. Until that is confirmed, it is dangerous to make suggestions.

The question at hand is this. If the Ksub is fed a full range signal, what and where does the dsp apply HPF and LPF settings?

DRA