Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

Subwoofer suggestions:

twkd2twkd2 Posts: 32
Doing a system "redo" in a church and they have a Worx X3 array and (2) Wave 18" subs. The bottom end is sloppy no matter what I do. I've changed crossover points, used subsonic filter and it has little effect. They sound good if I turn them up but that's not a normal volume level for this church.

Looking for ideas on a low end solution that will be a lot tighter at lower volume levels. Thinking of a pair of 12" or 15" will do the trick. In an ideal world I'd do a Danley TH212 but they can't afford it.

Will the Fane DIY subs be tighter than the Worx Wave boxes?
http://www.worxaudio.com/products/18s-1 ... udspeaker/

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Try the PSW forums. There are a lot more people there that can offer suggestions.

DRA
  • twkd2twkd2 Posts: 32
    Dra wrote:
    Try the PSW forums. There are a lot more people there that can offer suggestions.

DRA

I've combed over there and couldn't find any info. I figured you or Gadget would have an answer on the DIY sub comparison or at least be able to tell me how "tight" the 15's are.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Gadget has been absent for some time, and has used them. He hangs out at the Presonus digital mixer forums now.
    Send him an email.

DRA