Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Outdoor gig at a Country Club Pool area

rukusviberukusvibe Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in DriveRack PX
Hey guys. I need some configuration help. I have a outdoor gig for about 200 on Sunday September 27, 2015
My full system:

*DDJ-SZ controller >
*Behringer XR18 digital mixer, using vintage room reverb, stereo combinator and sonic maximizer onboard digital plugins >
*Driverack PX using ST Customs setting w/subs >
*2) Behringer Eurolive NEO 815's 15" powered tops >
*2) Behringer Eurolive BD1800 Pro 18" powered subs.

Out from the mixer on AUX sends
1) QSC K10 ran wirelessly for far corner of pool area
1) QSC K10 for booth monitor

The venue:
I will be on an elevated area about 4 feet up from the dance floor. The mains will be on tripods to the left and right of me(1st plan)
The subs will be clustered down on the floor beneath. That will have them about 4 feet ahead of the mains.

The questions:
1) If I go with this setup, the Driverack doesn't have a delay. I am not that good yet to by pass it and do the whole subs on aux thing and make a delay.

Is this solvable? or should i just place the full speaker setup down on the floor, eliminate the subs being ahead of the mains, and I keep the dj booth up above as 1st. planned?

2) I need to know the best PX usage. For now, I have the PEQ, feedback suppressor, comp/limiter - all OFF.
I haven't ran the auto-eq. Waiting until the gig setup outdoors. or do i just use the XR18 eq/mix settings instead as I am doing now at home.

3) What do you recommend for the PX settings for the speaker setups - x/o frequencies, db levels, etc. I get a good sound at home. afraid it will sound like crap outside.

Thanks

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    4 ft is only 3.5ms. Should not be a big deal. Or... bring the subs to the side of the stage (if it is narrow enough).

DRA
  • Options
    The tops will be tripods. That was missing in my post. Does that change the delay at all?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The only thing that changes the delay is the physical difference of the tops versus subs at the point of arrival. So the fact that they are on tripods does not matter, but where the tripods are does.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks DRA. I ended up being moved inside and it was AWESOME. Thanks to you and everyone here for great detail and guidance. The gain structure and auto level advice made the sound sweet.

I couldn't get the AFS wizard to play nice with the Behringer XR18's setup. Guess I need to read more from you on the feedback suppression.

RV