Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

DRPA and RCF Evox 8

twinspindjtwinspindj Posts: 73
edited October 2015 in PA General Discussion
Could somebody help with the best setting for the Driverack PA and RCF Evox 8?

The RCF Evox 8 is an array setup and there will be two units.

If I wanted to use a subwoofer, would I connect it to the mono-sub output and then use "2-way w/mono sub setting"? I'm talking about using a single RCF 800A subwoofer.

If I want to add RCF ART200A tops to the setup along with the ART800A subwoofer, how should they be connected? The setup would consist of two Evox 8 units and two ART200A units and one or two ART800A subwoofers (subwoofers coupled).

Thanks for future assistance.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Cross at 100hz LR24.
    To avoid extra pre-sets, simply set up a 2 x 5 config. In the wizard..... select stereo, custom bi-amp, w/ mono custom sub.
    Set the high HPF to 100hz LR24, no option for LPF - high L&R outputs to Evox 8
    Set the mid HPF to 100hz LR24, set LPF to "out" - mid L&R outputs to ART200A
    Set the low HPF to 30hz BW18, set LPF to 100hz LR24 - Low left (mono) output to ART800A. (note: both low outputs are linked, so you can connect to either or both)

You can control the balance with the x-over gains. With this one preset, always connect the Evox 8 to the highs and the ART800A(s) to the lows. When you want the ART200A(s) just connect them to the mid outputs.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra... I'm not sure I understand this sentence, "You can control the balance with the x-over gains."

Could you elaborate, please. Thank you.
  • Options
    To balance the Evox vs the 200A vs the 800A, without having to go to the speakers.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    To balance the Evox vs the 200A vs the 800A, without having to go to the speakers.

DRA

Thanks. :oops: I'm not well versed with the DRPA, but I think I understand now.

When you adjust the "volume" via DRPA in the cross-over setting can you hear it while you make the change? I've not used the DRPA except for the feedback and several presets. Novice user.

I'll have to go play with the unit soon to find out.
  • Options
    By "hear it"...
    1) Yes, the volume will get audibly louder, though the increase increments are in .1db. You'll turn the knob pretty fast to get an audible increase.
    2) No, you won't hear the "mechanics" of the changes, like the momentary mutes you get when change x-over slopes / filter types.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    By "hear it"...
    1) Yes, the volume will get audibly louder, though the increase increments are in .1db. You'll turn the knob pretty fast to get an audible increase.
    2) No, you won't hear the "mechanics" of the changes, like the momentary mutes you get when change x-over slopes / filter types.

DRA

Please excuse my ignorance. :? So, in layman's terms,
    (1) I'm actually matching the volume output for all three (Evox 8, Art 200A and Art 800A sub) for an optimum sound output?
    (2) Once the "blend" is confirmed (sounds good to my ear), then to increase the overall system volume output (gain), I use the mixer's volume control?
  • Options
    Yes. 100%.
    Though I am saying that mid-gig, if changes are needed, they can be changed at the x-over gains instead of having to navigate to the speaks and fumble the change in the dark.

DRA
  • Options
    :?: What preset would I use for only the Evox 8 system?
    Do run the 2x5 Crossover with only the Evox 8 connected: Set the high HPF to 100hz LR24, no option for LPF - high L&R outputs to Evox 8

Did a small gym this past week and use the preset Full Range-Stereo. The Evox sounded like too much Low present. In reality, the Evox 8 may be under powered for this size space. How could it have been set up better with DRPA? :?
  • Options
    twinspindj wrote:
    :?: What preset would I use for only the Evox 8 system?
    Do run the 2x5 Crossover with only the Evox 8 connected: Set the high HPF to 100hz LR24, no option for LPF - high L&R outputs to Evox 8
    You can, but you'll have to adjust the HPF for the high outputs down to about 50hz.

Did a small gym this past week and use the preset Full Range-Stereo. The Evox sounded like too much Low present. In reality, the Evox 8 may be under powered for this size space. How could it have been set up better with DRPA? :?

DRA