Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX

Starting Over with the PX

BuddyRFanBuddyRFan Posts: 14
edited November 2015 in DriveRack PX
Hi folks,
I've had my PX unit for a short while, perhaps two years. I just reset everything to Factory settings because I'm using a completely different sound system and will take the time to fine tune each venue over again. I have powered Yamaha DXR10's and a powered QSC K12 sub. We are using performance tracks with live guitar (through FOH), vocals and drums. I mic the kick drum only. Using a Peavey PV14 mixer. We play many venues in halls with hard surfaces and some outdoor venues as well.

I'd like some input regarding a start up from scratch with the Driverack PX. Maybe someone could and would help me from the ground up.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I set up high pass and low pass filters in the general settings? If so what parameters do you recommend?
2. Should I consider any compression and/or limiting in the general settings? If so what settings would you recommend?

I have enjoyed good success with the Driverack, but would like some experienced users to help me kick it up a notch. :-)

A quick P.S. - I noticed that there is a listing in the manual of supported speakers - the Yamaha MSR 400 is listed there. Supposedly, the DXR series of cabinets are meant to be an upgrade to the MSR400 series. Would there be value in my selecting the msr400 as a beginning point for my setup?

Thanks!