Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads goRack
Options

Feedback suppression algorithm

garyshellgaryshell Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in goRack
I've used a DBX drive rack PA and know it does a pretty good job at feedback suppression on the mains. Lately I have seen these small units available CHEAP and have thought of grabbing one to throw into the chain on two monitor buses. Do any of you know if the feedback algorithm handles left and right independently? I'd like to use one side of this for a drum wedge and the other side for a singers floor wedge. So obviously, I'd ideally like the two channels to be independent. I'm not looking for miracles, just something to handle the occasional cupped mic or the mic dangled in front of a wedge

Comments

• Options
    That's the same reason that I came here.
    Is the Anti-feedback applied to each channel individually, or exactly the same to both channels?
    If individually, does each channel still use 10 filters?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    For the cost, I would say it is link across both channels, like all Driveracks (excluding the 260, 360, and up).
  • Options
    garyshell wrote:
    I've used a DBX drive rack PA and know it does a pretty good job at feedback suppression on the mains. Lately I have seen these small units available CHEAP and have thought of grabbing one to throw into the chain on two monitor buses. Do any of you know if the feedback algorithm handles left and right independently? I'd like to use one side of this for a drum wedge and the other side for a singers floor wedge. So obviously, I'd ideally like the two channels to be independent. I'm not looking for miracles, just something to handle the occasional cupped mic or the mic dangled in front of a wedge

I've been thinking the same. I have greatly beefed up my monitors for a permanent installation and I'm thinking of running feedback suppression for the main vocals. Regardless of that little conundrum, i'm getting one. Would be nice to know if the channels are independent of one another.
    cheers,
    Jim