Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

Mixing of Active and Passive

GonzoGonzo Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in PA Connectivity
Wow...so I've not broken out my DriveRack PA in over 5 years....

I'm a mobile DJ who will be setting up in a gymnasium for a High School Homecoming Dance. I have the following combination I'd like to connect through the DriveRack PA.

Thought is to connect the Yorkville EF500 active main cabinets through the high outputs of the PA, connect the Yorkville LS801 active subwoofer through the mid outputs of the PA, and connect the Yamaha P7000S amplifier (for the Cerwin Vega passive subwoofers) through the low outputs of the PA.

If this seems like a good way to go about this, I'd like your feedback on settings and or if you feel there's a better way to run this, etc?

Thank you all.

ama1yq.jpg

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Time aligning the sub to each other will be extremely important. If they are not, you will be better off with just the 801's.
    Perhaps running 3-way. Yorkies from 50-100hz and the CV's below that (if in fact they got to35hz).

DRA
  • Thank you.

I pulled the Cerwin Vega JE-36B specs from Cerwin Vega's site: http://www.cerwinvega.com/manuals/pro/MANUAL_FH2005.pdf

"Time aligning the subs".....ack! I was lost on "Time". 8)

The issue I have with the subwoofers....is that I only have 1 LS801. The other one is on back order with Yorkville. They informed us that it wouldn't be shipping until the first or second week in October. My event, I'm needing to use this system for, is on October the 8th. This was a very late booking that came through.

So, as for subwoofers....I may only be down to 1 Yorkville LS801 active sub and 2 Cerwin Vega JE-36B passive subs.

With my Yorkville EF500 active main cabinets...at least I have 15s in them...so I may be able to push them a bit to get more bass in the room.

With high schoolers...they care going to want to feel the bass and I'm not sure I'll have enough...but I must do with what I have.

Any further assistance is greatly appreciated.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You can try using the 3 subs together. Set up a loop to play with good low energy. Fire up the CV's (without the mains on), then turn on the 801. If the volume goes up , great. If not, add delay or physically move the 801 forward or back until you have an increase.

DRA
  • Dra wrote:
    You can try using the 3 subs together. Set up a loop to play with good low energy. Fire up the CV's (without the mains on), then turn on the 801. If the volume goes up , great. If not, add delay or physically move the 801 forward or back until you have an increase.

DRA

Much appreciated. :wink: