Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

Rane 62 + Driverack PA2 + Mixing Board + Speaker setup help

stylez69stylez69 Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in DriveRack PA2
Rane 62 + Driverack PA2 + Mixing Board + Pair of JBL PRX 635 & JBL PRX 618-XLF

I want to add a mixing board to my setup to control each speaker volume levels along with having options for additional inputs.

I haven't purchased a mixing board yet but I wondering what's the correct way to set it up for optimization and full control.

My main source of sound is normally a Rane 62 mixer. Or my pioneer ddj-sx2

Normally my setup is:

Source of sound into the drive rack pa2. Left and right outputs to each JBL prx 635 tops. And then the sub outputs to each JBL prx 618-xlf subs. Which is pretty straight forward.

My question is to add a mackie mixing board or any other one. What's the best way to add it in to control speaker levels on the fly.

Anybody have any advice? I also have a Driverack px. But I upgraded to the pa2.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I don't understand. Control each speaker?
  • Options
    stylez69 wrote:
    fiogf49gjkf0dRane 62 + Driverack PA2 + Mixing Board + Pair of JBL PRX 635 & JBL PRX 618-XLF

I want to add a mixing board to my setup to control each speaker volume levels along with having options for additional inputs.

I haven't purchased a mixing board yet but I wondering what's the correct way to set it up for optimization and full control.

My main source of sound is normally a Rane 62 mixer. Or my pioneer ddj-sx2

Normally my setup is:

Source of sound into the drive rack pa2. Left and right outputs to each JBL prx 635 tops. And then the sub outputs to each JBL prx 618-xlf subs. Which is pretty straight forward.

My question is to add a mackie mixing board or any other one. What's the best way to add it in to control speaker levels on the fly.

Anybody have any advice? I also have a Driverack px. But I upgraded to the pa2.

Thanks in advance.

Old topic by a couple months, assuming you found the answer but wanted to give closure to this one. You will gain nothing with your setup by adding a mixer to the signal path. To clarify, it would go like this:

You > DJ Mixer > Mackie Board > Driverack > Speakers
    Brain to Hands > DJ Master out > Ch 1 Input to Master Out > Driverack Input to outputs > Powered Speaker Inputs

You would control speaker levels by turning down the master volume on the DJ mixer. Set your system to play at the level you want, then control the volume using master.

A board mixer is for managing multiple channels of input and multiple bus outputs for monitoring multiple artists on stage and the main speakers for the crowd. If you were to set up with a band, you would just choose a line level channel for input from your DJ mixer, then the output from the board mixer to the Driverack would deliver the sound.

Your booth monitor level control will change the volume of your personal monitor from your DJ mixer. Leave the board at the store and save your money.

DJ Clintoris