Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack VENU360

Venue 360 crossover settings

Emanuel1985Emanuel1985 Posts: 12
edited January 2017 in DriveRack VENU360
I run the sound at my church, and I need help setting up venue 360, that I just bought for my church. Most of our equipment was donated to us. I have 2 peavey SSE 15 tops in stereo powered by a QSC USA 400 amp. I have 2 behringer b1800 subs powered with Behringer ep2500 in mono.

I was looking around at the specs online and reading FAQ in this forum. I'm thinking the amp on the tops need to be upgraded as it is underpowered. The church has been running this setup for years now :( . However, is there like a "safe" crossover setting for this setup until there is a new amp donated or I can save enough money to upgrade myself.

The recommended crossover is 80-150hz. According to manual I found online.

I was thinking something like:
Subs: BW 18- 45 hz
LR 24 120 hz
Tops: LR 24 120 hz

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That sounds good. I would lean to 100hz for the x-over region, personally.

DRA
  • Thanks for input. First time setting the venue 360 up. I will definitely try the 100 hz xover. I will need to put some delay on the subs because they are about 2-3 feet in front of the mains on the floor. While the mains are on top of the stage that are on speaker stands. Is there a way to set the delay up with the signal generator on the venue 360?

Thanks
    Put the tone at the x-over point. Flip the polarity on the sub. When the tone is at it's weakest, the delay is right.

DRA
  • Did a quick setup of the venue360 today. Hopefully all will be good on Sunday. Will need to get there early sunday to setup. When I was setting up the gain structure manually with pink noise, I couldn't get the sub amp (behringer ep2500) to clip at all with attenuator cranked up all the way. How would I go about changing settings to get the amp to clip? Should I change the Output Clip Levels? They are all set at +12.

Thanks.
    Try increasing the master gain on the 360 input. Or the subs output masters.
  • Not sure what I am doing wrong, but the output spl is low. I have a presonus studiolive 24.4.2 classic. The meters on the board are hitting in the yellow and sometimes red on main output meters. I have to crank up the preamps and faders to get good volume. I'm using the mono out of the mixer to the venue360. I also have the output trim on back of mixer cranked all the way up clockwise. I was getting louder volume with the same amps minus the venue360. Same thing for a monitor I'm using on input 3. Probably messed up with gain structure somewhere.

I was using pink noise from laptop via FireWire on channel 1 of mixer. I got the mixer to clip in red on main output meters with master fader at unity. Then on venue360 I matched the analog input clip limit to +24 dBu on all inputs per studiolive 24.4.2 max output spec. The inputs of venue 360 were clipping at same time as mixer. This were I think I messed up. I might have forgot to check gain structure between venue360 and amp. The output clip levels were set to +12 dBu. I then turned up attuenators until they clipped on amp. Then set limiters.

Perhaps I need more power to speakers. My power to them is pretty low. I just bought a new amp for mains. QSC GX5. 500w @ 8 ohms. For mains rated at 500w program. Then I plan on using the ep2500 for subs daisy chained in bridged mono. Hopefully that would work.

Thanks
    Locations 1 & 2 are the input and output mixers. Open up and check the meter levels when the Presonus is maxed.
    When open raise or lower the fader to get the meter level right.
  • Thanks so much.

I will try that Monday. I'm setting up new amp then.
    Let me know how it goes.

DRA
  • Just spent about 10 hours setting up the sound system today with my uncle. It was a very long day. But everything seems 10 times better now at least with music playing through the system. The sound is much cleaner now and fuller with new amp. I decided to run the subs in bridge mono mode. I realized they weren't wired correctly before, but now they are rocking. I am now running stereo mains with x2 mono subs daisy chained, but I realized the output levels on the subs didn't match the mains on the venue 360. Do they need to have same level as mains on input/outut meters on venue 360 with pink noise maxed on mixer? The subs sound better now despite the level difference though. May need some tweaking. I just ran out of time.

How do you setup gain structure monitors?

Thanks
    So, did you increase the input and output mixers on the 360, to get the increase? How much?

Gain structure is gain structure. It is the same for everything, unless dealing with powered speakers.

DRA
  • I kept all of the mixing modules at 0db. While the mixer was maxed, the input meters (In1, In2) were hitting up in the yellow, and the same for the output meters (A,B). The meters to far right were reading -10db to 0 db for mains and mono sub was just hitting -20 db. Probably just need to turn down tops a little on amp.