Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2

Basic set up help ASF224 DUAL CHANNEL FEEDBACK CONTROLER

ColsloColslo Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in DriveRack PA2
Hi,
Complete Newbie.
Just checking if I have the wiring connection correct.
The schematics in the manual seem vague.

Basic PA system.Power Amp, Mixer unit, and Passive speakers.Single microphone used.

I used a TRS SPLIT Y LEAD, ie TRS x 2 mono jack ends.
I connected the IN /OUT on the ASF224 with mono jacks and the TRS into the microphone channel ,channel splitter at the back of the mixer.
ie passing the microphone signal in and out of channel one of the feedback controller.

It seems to work.

Is there a better way?

Any help welcome

Regards
Colin

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I assume that you mean that you are using the "Insert" jack on the channel.
    The good news is that if you incorrectly plug in the two plugs into the 224, that no signal will pass. If you say that it seems to be working, and pulling out feedback, then it is working.

DRA
  • Well I thought it was ,
    Im still getting feedback.Is there any better diagrams as to connections other than the vague ones on instructions?
    IM NOT TRYING TO DO ANYTHING COMPLICATED OTHER THAN KILL FEEDBACK ON ONE MICE.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Did not mean to shout.
    Cheers
    Colin
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You didn't confirm the use of the INSERT jack (not the 1/4" line input pack). You also did not state if AFS was catching ANY feedback freqs at all.
    Is it maybe in bypass mode? Do you have the manual? If not it is available online.
    Hopefully you won't take another month to reply. It is hard to accomplish much that way.

DRA