Home dbx User Forum dbx Live & Portable Products

360 venu driverack repair

I sent my venu360 in for repair(no output to amplifier and signal lights randomly blinking without input).
They repaired it and the receipt said"PCB burned , replaced NSI.
Does anyone have an idea what this is? In case it happens out of warranty.

Comments

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,133

    Sounds like it was burned due to operational usage. Make sure you have it racked somewhere well ventilated and not directly next to any amplifiers. Always leave 1U of rackspace (more is better) between your amplifiers and any other 1U Signal Processing Racks.

    The PCB is the mainboard of the Venu360. The NSI is probably another component on that board. It's not something you would likely be able to fix in the field.

    Our out of warranty flat service rates are still very reasonable. Better than most if not all 3rd Party Authorized Service Centers (generally your paying for the convenience of a local resource there)

    Contact us if you have further questions:

    844-776-9569 opt 3
    [email protected]

  • jumarthejumarthe Posts: 5
    edited December 2020

    I need your help to solve the problem that my DBX Driverack Venu360 presents, It shows on the screen the following error: No firmware found USB Ready.
    What should I do? since it is new and I have not been able to use it again.

  • @jumarthe said:
    I need your help to solve the problem that my DBX Driverack Venu360 presents, It shows on the screen the following error: No firmware found USB Ready.
    What should I do? since it is new and I have not been able to use it again.

    Sounds like you may have deleted the firmware by holding buttons on startup possibly or the firmware became corrupted some how.

    Download, extract all to the same folder and follow the guide(which is included in the .zip) here to rewrite the firmware with the Venu360 Manufacturing Firmware Loader.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OtEEWGWsuJ6w4YgBNe_EtnH9-bzjNEbm/view?usp=sharing

  • jumarthejumarthe Posts: 5
    edited December 2020

    Good morning, I greet you and I thank you for the information, I will do what you tell me and I will inform you of the results, Thank you very much again.

  • Mr. HARMAN_EElde, I greet you and report the results of your help in the case of venu360.
    I did everything I said in the guide and after loading the firmware the driverack was restarted and it was in normal operation.

    I greatly appreciate your help, I can use it again, if you have any other recommendation that you can indicate to me it would be great.
    I say goodbye and once again thank you for your valuable help.

  • Glad to hear it @jumarthe and you're very welcome!

  • Mr HARMAN_EElde, I greet you and again I ask for one more help.
    Before buying the Driverack venu360 I had a Driverrack 260 which shows the following error: (WAITING FOR FLASH DOWNLOAD
    0F100000),
    and it does nothing else, it tried to install the firmware, but it does not communicate with the RS232 port.
    Can anything be done for this driverack? or would it no longer serve?

  • @jumarthe said:
    Mr HARMAN_EElde, I greet you and again I ask for one more help.
    Before buying the Driverack venu360 I had a Driverrack 260 which shows the following error: (WAITING FOR FLASH DOWNLOAD
    0F100000),
    and it does nothing else, it tried to install the firmware, but it does not communicate with the RS232 port.
    Can anything be done for this driverack? or would it no longer serve?

    I need to know what revision you have, if you take the lid off of the 260, right about in the middle towards the display there is a chip that should be labeled 5033556A, if you do cannot find it send me a private message on the forum here and we'll see what we can figure out

  • Good morning Mr. HARMAN_EElde, I already uncovered the driverack, but the chips that you mention are not marked, give me an email to send you images and you tell me.

  • @jumarthe said:
    Good morning Mr. HARMAN_EElde, I already uncovered the driverack, but the chips that you mention are not marked, give me an email to send you images and you tell me.

    Please direct message me via the Forum, click on my name and send a message and I will be happy to share this with you. I am not posting my direct email address on the thread.

Sign In or Register to comment.