Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

Looking for some older product release dates and MSRPs for a historical article.

Greetings. I am writing an article about the dbx 160, its numerous variations and descendants, and the development of the Blackmer gain cell. I am missing a few pieces of information, though, and thought I'd check in here. I need release dates and original MSRPs for the:

165A
160X
160XT
160A
160SL (and discontinuation date)
162SL (and discontinuation date)

I THINK I have the earlier ones nailed down, but I would like to confirm before I put any misinformation out there. If anyone out there has any of this information, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, for anyone interested, I wrote a historical piece about the Eventide H3000 on Reverb.com last March.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@sircletus said:
    Greetings. I am writing an article about the dbx 160, its numerous variations and descendants, and the development of the Blackmer gain cell. I am missing a few pieces of information, though, and thought I'd check in here. I need release dates and original MSRPs for the:

165A
    160X
    160XT
    160A
    160SL (and discontinuation date)
    162SL (and discontinuation date)

I THINK I have the earlier ones nailed down, but I would like to confirm before I put any misinformation out there. If anyone out there has any of this information, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, for anyone interested, I wrote a historical piece about the Eventide H3000 on Reverb.com last March.

Hello, unfortunately a lot of these items are where they did not archive or scan in these docs for pricing. As of now I have no MSRP info for older stuff, I'll see if I can find it, but no luck so far inititally

Typically you can find the year copyrighted in the manuals for the actual production start year but I will answer best I can (and cannot always offer month/day)

165 - this was a pre Harman dbx Acquisition item, could only find that we were still selling them in 1997, no production start dates
    165A - same as above
    162 - Found a calibration guide from 1998, only document I have
    160X - Sold 1991
    160XT - Same

Retail info:
    160A - There are many models of this, but I found something from 1994
    160SL - 1997-2006 MSRP $4,999.95
    162SL - 2004-2012 MSRP $2,599.95