Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

Soundcraft Spirit 32 Monitor 2 mixer

I know it's a really old unit but I am new to this and thought I would ask a question or two. Has anyone here worked with one of these before? How did it perform? I am using it to record music in a small private studio. I had heard that over time the capacitors in the gain sections and go out. The one I have could use the gain pots to be cleaned but all channels send to the earphones so I assume the board works. LEDS light up when I talk into a mic anyway. So I am interested in hearing about any problems that might come up using one of these so as to nip them in the bud. Yes, I am aware that the newer stuff will perform much better but I like analog and I picked this baby up for $300 which is at least a third of more less than a comparable digital unit. Anyway I would appreciate anything you can tell me, like problems you may have had with the unit. Thank you for your time. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367
    edited September 2020

hey @DrDos while I would like to help ya here, this is a dbx pro forum, so I would absolutely recommend going over to the Soundcraft forum to get information. I personally do not have anything to do with the Soundcraft brand for support. Of course our larger Tech Support team does though

https://proforums.harman.com/soundcraft
    www.soundcraft.com

Also you can email/call our tech support as well (info is in my signature). Ask for Pete, he's really knowledgeable on the old Soundcraft stuff