Home dbx User Forum dbx Software

Driveware connectivity issue with Pc and DriveRack 260

Hello everyone. I have a problem with a Driverack 260 related to pc connectivity via the rs232 cable. The serial cable is null modem (also checked with the meter), a serial-usb adapter (Ugreen Prolific Pl2303) and Windows 10 64 bit operating system.
The software connects to the driverack, shows me as connected to the master network, writes loading and locks here. Do not load programs. It worked about 2 times ... but most of the time I can't connect. I also tried with old PC with serial (without adapter) and still in vain.
I mention that with that cable I can update the firmware, write the flash without problems.
Why doesn't it connect with the Driveware application? Is there a bug? Thanks

Comments

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,171

    Make sure that you have set the Baud Rate on your RS232 Adapter to 38400

    What version of firmware does the unit have? If it is 1.61 do not run the Firmware Update, you would be downgrading at that point.

  • LauriLauri Posts: 10
    Hello everyone. I still have connectivity problems with driverack 260 and pc. I bought another serial-usb adapter brand ATEN UC232A which I read on the forums that it would work ok. But I can't connect at all. Just write loading .... and it stays that way. If I want to press a button on the driverack panel then it says "please wait, still loading data". I waited an hour, in vain. The settings are baudrate 38400, the connection is ok, connected to master network, the box with the image driverack 260 appears .... but when I double click on it .... it only writes loading, whole hours. I tried Windows XP, Windows 7 does the same for everything. What else can I try? Thank you
  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,171

    @Lauri said:
    Hello everyone. I still have connectivity problems with driverack 260 and pc. I bought another serial-usb adapter brand ATEN UC232A which I read on the forums that it would work ok. But I can't connect at all. Just write loading .... and it stays that way. If I want to press a button on the driverack panel then it says "please wait, still loading data". I waited an hour, in vain. The settings are baudrate 38400, the connection is ok, connected to master network, the box with the image driverack 260 appears .... but when I double click on it .... it only writes loading, whole hours. I tried Windows XP, Windows 7 does the same for everything. What else can I try? Thank you

    Are you verified that it is a Null Modem Serial cable between the adapter and the 260?

  • LauriLauri Posts: 10
    edited April 2021

    @HARMAN_EElde said:

    @Lauri said:
    Hello everyone. I still have connectivity problems with driverack 260 and pc. I bought another serial-usb adapter brand ATEN UC232A which I read on the forums that it would work ok. But I can't connect at all. Just write loading .... and it stays that way. If I want to press a button on the driverack panel then it says "please wait, still loading data". I waited an hour, in vain. The settings are baudrate 38400, the connection is ok, connected to master network, the box with the image driverack 260 appears .... but when I double click on it .... it only writes loading, whole hours. I tried Windows XP, Windows 7 does the same for everything. What else can I try? Thank you

    Are you verified that it is a Null Modem Serial cable between the adapter and the 260?

    Yes, its a null modem cable. Checked with multimeter also to be sure. But i will try with another cable.....

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,171

    Let me know if it has a different result. Also you did not try to adjust or change the firmware or anything?

  • LauriLauri Posts: 10

    I came back with news. I bought another null-modem cable, it's still not ok. But I noticed the following: using the processor at home, I can easily connect. But if I use it in the garage, I can't connect to it anymore. And I came to the following conclusion: if the temperature is lower, like +10 degrees, then it works hard or not at all. If I take the processor to the house where it is over 20 degrees, then the connection works perfectly. And I did the following: in the garage, I used a hair dryer and blew hot air for a few seconds above the processor, where those air vents are. And with this method, blowing hot air over it for a few seconds, it works perfectly, every time. I know it sounds weird, but it worked. Conclusion: if I want to use it in the garage, where it is about 10-15 degrees then I have to blow a little warm air over it and it works perfectly. What is the explanation? I do not know.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,171

    @Lauri said:
    I came back with news. I bought another null-modem cable, it's still not ok. But I noticed the following: using the processor at home, I can easily connect. But if I use it in the garage, I can't connect to it anymore. And I came to the following conclusion: if the temperature is lower, like +10 degrees, then it works hard or not at all. If I take the processor to the house where it is over 20 degrees, then the connection works perfectly. And I did the following: in the garage, I used a hair dryer and blew hot air for a few seconds above the processor, where those air vents are. And with this method, blowing hot air over it for a few seconds, it works perfectly, every time. I know it sounds weird, but it worked. Conclusion: if I want to use it in the garage, where it is about 10-15 degrees then I have to blow a little warm air over it and it works perfectly. What is the explanation? I do not know.

    That is odd for sure! I would open up the unit and perhaps make sure it is cleaned up, no dust or anything. That is not a normal operation though at least I have never heard of it! Thanks for the update nonetheless.

Sign In or Register to comment.