Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion

DBX 260 for two separate subwoofers

Hello! I am contemplating about buying a DBX 260 for my following usecase, mainly because of the subharmonic synth it provides!

I have two passive subs, one is tuned to 17hz (Dayton Ultimax 18 in 305 liters) and the other to 31hz (Dayton PA460 165 liters).
I want to run the 17hz sub from 15hz up to 40hz (LR24 LPF) and the 31hz sub from 40hz (BW12 HPF) to 120hz
These crossovers seem to provide the best phase match in the crossover region!
The Driverack is then plugged into a stereo amp.

Can this unit be configured like this?

Comments

• @SeGin said:
    Hello! I am contemplating about buying a DBX 260 for my following usecase, mainly because of the subharmonic synth it provides!

I have two passive subs, one is tuned to 17hz (Dayton Ultimax 18 in 305 liters) and the other to 31hz (Dayton PA460 165 liters).
    I want to run the 17hz sub from 15hz up to 40hz (LR24 LPF) and the 31hz sub from 40hz (BW12 HPF) to 120hz
    These crossovers seem to provide the best phase match in the crossover region!
    The Driverack is then plugged into a stereo amp.

Can this unit be configured like this?

You can run a mono out for your Sub Outputs and have different crossover points carved out like that yes. You just need to setup the correct output routing and crossover type to achieve this etc.