Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

Assistance needed for mono array

I used a drive rack about 11 years ago in mostly stereo applications but retired now and want to help out my church with better speech intelligibility. I bought a used PA2 from a local sound guy who told me this can do a mono feed for a point source speaker in the sanctuary. However, I cannot seem to get the PA2 to recognize a true mono out when using the wizard, it keeps stopping the scan to report there is a problem with the right channel. Also, my amp is set up bridged mono so I only need the one channel input for the amp, but the manual does not show which output to use for the full range mono output. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366
    edited May 2022

@WilliamB said:
    I used a drive rack about 11 years ago in mostly stereo applications but retired now and want to help out my church with better speech intelligibility. I bought a used PA2 from a local sound guy who told me this can do a mono feed for a point source speaker in the sanctuary. However, I cannot seem to get the PA2 to recognize a true mono out when using the wizard, it keeps stopping the scan to report there is a problem with the right channel. Also, my amp is set up bridged mono so I only need the one channel input for the amp, but the manual does not show which output to use for the full range mono output. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

The PA2 does not have mono outputs no. The only way you can get a Mono out is with a summed left output on the low outputs for a mono sub. Still it is really a Stereo 3 Way Crossover device, and cannot provide just a 1x1 Mono crossover out only. The AutoEQ Wizard will not work and continue to fail. If you're running Stereo outs for other speakers though you can set it up as a Stereo 2 Way w. Mono Sub and then run your mono feed out the Left Low, just adjust the crossover to allow the frequencies out you need for that Left Low Output etc.