Home dbx User Forum dbx Live & Portable Products

DriveRack PA2 iPad app very unstable

Giannopoulos97Giannopoulos97 Posts: 1

I own a PA2 for 2 years now and I noticed that no one has reported the problems I am dealing with. I have the latest firmware (1.2 I think) and when I use my iPad for tuning, the app sometimes gets buggy. For example, when tapping the (>) icon on the EQ to add gain to a band, it gets stuck as pressed and goes directly to full blast. Another bug is, the PA2 unit itself gets stuck and does not obey to any buttons and I have to restart it to get it working again. THis only happens if I have tweaked something from the iPad. Another one is, the Recall / Store does not work on the app. The last thing that I want to report is that the meters on the app are very laggy, making them useless. My network setup is PA2 - Gigabit switch - 5GHz wireless router - iPad 8th Gen via WiFi.

Is the app poorly written and no-one has ever complained?
It is very sad for such a popular product that is not even discontinued to be treated like that by Harman / dbx

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

@Giannopoulos97 said:
    I own a PA2 for 2 years now and I noticed that no one has reported the problems I am dealing with. I have the latest firmware (1.2 I think) and when I use my iPad for tuning, the app sometimes gets buggy. For example, when tapping the (>) icon on the EQ to add gain to a band, it gets stuck as pressed and goes directly to full blast. Another bug is, the PA2 unit itself gets stuck and does not obey to any buttons and I have to restart it to get it working again. THis only happens if I have tweaked something from the iPad. Another one is, the Recall / Store does not work on the app. The last thing that I want to report is that the meters on the app are very laggy, making them useless. My network setup is PA2 - Gigabit switch - 5GHz wireless router - iPad 8th Gen via WiFi.

Is the app poorly written and no-one has ever complained?
    It is very sad for such a popular product that is not even discontinued to be treated like that by Harman / dbx

I will of course report your impressions about using the app to our dev and see if we can recreate the issues you are experiencing with the app. As of now, no one has reported these issues no. We'll look into it.