Home dbx User Forum dbx Live & Portable Products
Options

AFS2 Noise Problem

I am a mobile DJ and have the following problem:
Once the dbx AFS2 is interposed between my microphones and my mixing console, I have a lot of noise in the high frequencies on the microphone channels.
Without the dbx AFS2, this noise is not there. I bought a second dbx AFS2 to test if possibly my unit is broken, and on the second unit this problem is also present.
Other XLR cables and separate circuits to minimize the error have already been tested. I can reduce the noise in which I extremely lower the treble on my microphone input on my mixer.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Connected it the following way:
2x Shure glxd24/beta58 -> with XLR cable to -> dbx AFS2 -> with XLR cable to -> Mic Inputs Pioneer XDJ-RX3.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@leo9185 said:
    I am a mobile DJ and have the following problem:
    Once the dbx AFS2 is interposed between my microphones and my mixing console, I have a lot of noise in the high frequencies on the microphone channels.
    Without the dbx AFS2, this noise is not there. I bought a second dbx AFS2 to test if possibly my unit is broken, and on the second unit this problem is also present.
    Other XLR cables and separate circuits to minimize the error have already been tested. I can reduce the noise in which I extremely lower the treble on my microphone input on my mixer.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Connected it the following way:
    2x Shure glxd24/beta58 -> with XLR cable to -> dbx AFS2 -> with XLR cable to -> Mic Inputs Pioneer XDJ-RX3.

Thanks in advance!

So, the AFS2 does not have a Mic Preamp and will not be utilized correctly plugging microphones directly into it. So your problem is incorrect hookup yes.

The manual shows the proper applications for hook up on pages 7-10

https://dbxpro.com/en-US/product_documents/afs2_manual_5047637-b-pdf