Home dbx User Forum dbx Software
Options

Driverack360 app for android

Attempting to download control app this afternoon on a Samsung s7. Message on play store says " This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of android". Support via phone said that they were unaware of the problem.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@audiotom said:
    Attempting to download control app this afternoon on a Samsung s7. Message on play store says " This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of android". Support via phone said that they were unaware of the problem.

Yes they are working on updated versions of the Venu360 Control App, no ETA for a release, but they will address the issue. So when message comes up if you click ok the app will still run.

• Options
    audiotomaudiotom Posts: 2

Still unable to download that app from the Google play store. Is there way to obtain the app without going through the play store (where the dbx download button takes me), or do I need to wait for the fix?

• Options

I will look into a sideload .apk in the meantime yes. Standby

• Options

Hi,

I'm running into this same problem on a Lenovo P11 Pro Gen 2 Android tablet (running Android 12). Is there an ETA on a resolution? Also, do you have an APK file available for side loading? (I'm comfortable with side loading).

• Options

@galuise said:
    Hi,

I'm running into this same problem on a Lenovo P11 Pro Gen 2 Android tablet (running Android 12). Is there an ETA on a resolution? Also, do you have an APK file available for side loading? (I'm comfortable with side loading).

The error message can be dismissed and the app can still be used.

• Options
    galuisegaluise Posts: 3
    edited October 2023

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I was able to grab a legit copy of the current version 2.0.5 APK file using this APK Downloader chrome extension on a desktop computer:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/apk-downloader/fgljidimohbcmjdabiecfeikkmpbjegm/related

Once the extension is added to Chrome it was simple enough to enter the following into the search box:

harman.hpro.venu360

Before clicking the Analyze button first click the Settings (gear) button and ensure the Device drop down is switched to Tablet.

Then click Analyze.

Next, I clicked the Google Server selection button to ensure the download URL I was getting came from google (this should ensure you're getting the APK from Google Play vs. some third party - at least in my head as I was able to verify [with a whois lookup] that the domain in the download URL was owned by Google).

At that point you should have something that looks like the following:

Simply click on driverack-venu360-control.apk 28.20MB and you should have the APK downloading to your desktop machine (for side-loading) from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps and if it's not allowed dbx tech support feel free to delete.

At that point you can upload the APK file to your Android device (whether you do it via a USB cable, or copy it to something like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, etc...)

If anybody wants screenshots or a video of doing the APK side-load I can share how to do that as well.

I'll at least report back my results as to whether the app will work on my Lenovo P11 Pro Gen 2 tablet (Android 12).

If I'm being honest though I have to say looking at the "Updated on" date shows that this app has not been updated since January 14th, 2016. I hope that date is wrong. If it is the date the app was last updated I'm currently questioning whether I should have bought the VENU360. Software being this out of date for such a large company like Harmon Kardon is really unacceptable. Android 12 has been out since October 4th, 2021.

• Options
    galuisegaluise Posts: 3
    edited October 2023

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@galuise said:
    Hi,

There is actually nothing to dismiss. This is a brand new Android 12 device and the Google Play store will not even allow the app to be installed. The "not built for this version of android" message is appearing inside the Google Play store and thus does not display anything to dismiss. Nor does it display the "Install" button.

• Options

@galuise said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:

@galuise said:
    Hi,

There is actually nothing to dismiss. This is a brand new Android 12 device and the Google Play store will not even allow the app to be installed. The "not built for this version of android" message is appearing inside the Google Play store and thus does not display anything to dismiss. Nor does it display the "Install" button.

Yes this is a new development you're correct. We will be releasing a new verison of the app shortly. Keep an eye on the Play store.

• Options

The new version of the Venu360 App for Android is on the Play store. The iOS app will be released next.