Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

Venu360 - per-output phase/polarity adjustment

I'm using a Venu360 in a small room, so I need to be able to tune phase, polarity, and delays per output. It's possible to adjust the delays for each individual output but it seems the crossover only allows "linked" settings, as in, all high pass and low pass outputs have the same phase. in a stereo full-range + dual mono subs, both subs will have the same phase and polarity

is there a way to unlink them? I want to set each subwoofer to its own polarity and phase (I'm using REW to do the measurements).

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@hjf said:
    I'm using a Venu360 in a small room, so I need to be able to tune phase, polarity, and delays per output. It's possible to adjust the delays for each individual output but it seems the crossover only allows "linked" settings, as in, all high pass and low pass outputs have the same phase. in a stereo full-range + dual mono subs, both subs will have the same phase and polarity

is there a way to unlink them? I want to set each subwoofer to its own polarity and phase (I'm using REW to do the measurements).

You will have to carve out 1X1 crossovers if you want individual polarity per output cause that setting is in the crossover section. Delay modules can be unlinked however in configure mode.

• Options
    hjfhjf Posts: 2

perfect! that did the trick. i changed it to full-range speakers and just set HP and LP separately for each output. now one of my subs is inverted polarity and they're not canceling each other out.

thank you.

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@hjf said:
    perfect! that did the trick. i changed it to full-range speakers and just set HP and LP separately for each output. now one of my subs is inverted polarity and they're not canceling each other out.

thank you.

Easiest way when you're just interested in having seperate feeds with different polarity for sure! Glad that solution worked for you.

You're welcome, my pleasure!