Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

Info on dbx 1 BX-DS

PYLE NAAPYLE NAA Posts: 4
About 2 months ago I aquired the 1BX-DS from a freind of mine who told me he had to sell of all his home audio stuff because his wife was making him down size. I know quite a bit about home audio having, 4 Adcom amps, NAD preamp, dbx EQ, old Teac Reel to Reel, with an out board dbx NR unit, and a hoste of other good old items. Now as I understand this is a inpact resoration unit, with a built in dbxII NR, but it can be used for any type of music source with a tape monitor loop. What is this model designed for, I have yet to hook it up and try to use it not having any info on it. Does anyone here in this forum know anything about this unit?

PYLE NAA

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Pretty mush a downward one band expander used for the recovery of lost dynamic range when using tape type recordings. I have an old 3BX..the 3 band version. Is that what you wanted to know?
    G
  • I guess my main question is about this unit. Can it be used on playing back CD's, LP's or any other sound source. Like I said I have a reel to reel with an out bourd dbx NR unit it is a 228 I beleive, and now how to use this unit as far as noise reduction. So what is this 1-BX unit used for just tape then? I hate to get rid of it because it is in almost new shape, besides, I hate parting with old stuff that works good.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well.. you could but there is no need for dynamic range restoration with CD's... try it.. you never know what you'll find till you try...
    G
  • Thanks for the advice. I still mes around with recording on my my other tape machines, sounds like it would be an asset to them. You should see the funny look my kids give me when I drag out the LP's. Thanks for the info again! :lol: