Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 400 Series 400 Series Front Panel
Options

bass guitar and kick bass feedback

keanukeanu Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in 400 Series Front Panel
Hi, Everybody hope you guys can help. When I turn on the bass guitar and kick bass I get this crazy feedback. This is my system set up drpa, two srx 728s, two srx 725 two plx 3102 in brigde mode running the subs one rmx 5050 running 725, bbe, with cfx makie mixer. This is current setting on my drpa (srx728 low xover high pass 31.5 slope bw18 gain 8.2 low pass 80 slope lr24 (eq low tpye bell f1 75 g 1.5 q 3.41). Is thier anything I change in those setting to eliminate the feedback so I can turn it more. Everything else sounds good. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Is the bass mic'd or direct?
    Make sure that those channel routing are looping on themselves through an effect, aux or monitor send. To check, turn all sends completely down and see what kind of volume that you can get. Then turn each back up 1 at a time and see what happens.

Is there more info hat you can give about your actual set-up?

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I bet he's having problems with the FOH and the monitors... is the drummer KICK crazy? (does he have to FEEL the KICK?) you may need GATES to tame the kick, Try using a direct bass feed... also READ THE ...
    READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING ...
    gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Meant to say, \"not looping\"

DRA