Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 4800 4800 Configuration Wizard

Unable to route digital out

yfvh1yfvh1 Posts: 4
Greetings!
I feed an analog stereo signal to Analog 1 and 2 inputs on my 4800 and would like to be able to output it as digital (from any digital-out), but unable to find the way to do it.
None of the \"digital out\" have a signal, and the manual does not contain the procedure, (or at least, I could not find it there).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Eugene
[/img]

Comments

• mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Hi Eugene,

The 4800's digital outputs mirror the analog outputs, so you will not see them selectable in the program. You will need to dedicate and assign the signal to a pair of analog outputs (7 & 8 for example) and then use the corresponding digital outputs (7 & 8 in this example). Hope this helps.
  • yfvh1yfvh1 Posts: 4
    Thank you mikejoyedbx, I've tried to do as you've suggested but still unable to figure it out. I've attached the screen shots of the current configuration:
    http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=Tiok26&AID=5661509&Pres=Y

Would you be kind enough to take a look and let me know how to do it?

Thanks again,

eugene
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Eugene,

You cannot \"attach\" anything here... you can get an account with
    \"Photobucket\" and then copy a URl and paste that...

Please elaborate on what you have done to route the digital signal...In the setup wizard did you select (lets say) the 3 and 4 inputs and route them as ASE/EBU to outputs.. say 7&8?

This is what mike sent me...
    My question was:
    \"Hmmm so you cannot send an analog input in and get a digital out?\"

Yes, you can but you must dedicate one of your analog outputs to do so as the \"digital outs mirror the analog outs\". In other words you cannot have 16 outputs (8 analog + 8 digital)! You always only have 8 outputs because you only have up to 8 routers or mixers where you can assign inputs to outputs. So if you wanted to route input 1 to output 4 you would assign input 1 to “analog output 4�. It would then be mirrored on “AES/EBU output 4�.

In other words:

Analog Output 1=AES/EBU output 1

Analog Output 2=AES/EBU output 2

Analog Output 3=AES/EBU output 3

Analog Output 4=AES/EBU output 4

Analog Output 5=AES/EBU output 5

Analog Output 6=AES/EBU output 6

Analog Output 7=AES/EBU output 7

Analog Output 8=AES/EBU output 8

Gadget
  • yfvh1yfvh1 Posts: 4
    Dear Gadget,

I use DotPhoto, which seem to be very similar to Photobucket. Here's the URL:

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=Tiok26 ... 509&Pres=Y

Do you think you may be able to point out which screen I should use for the configuration you've suggested? I am still unclear how to route the analog to digital :?

Thanks much,

Eugene
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Show me the Input mixer screen for inputs 1 and 2 please...or send me the preset file to:
    tzone42@paulbunyan.net

Gadget