Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 4800 Zone Controllers
Options

ZC-8 in series

naetronnaetron Posts: 2
edited April 2009 in Zone Controllers
For the life of me I can't get two ZC-8 to work series. Assigned them in the configuration wizard, assigned the dip switches, and tried every possible combination of one in front of reassigning them to the correct i.d....checked the cabling...I'm at a loss! I've even done two separate 'home runs' sending the second controller to the bottom (7-12) controller inputs. Only 1 will ever work at a time...and it doesn't matter which one it is. Any suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks!

Nathan

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I cannot get you a definitive answer till monday at the earliest, but I thought I read a post by Mike/Joey that said that only 1 controller per output...

Have you been through the tutorial in the \"Driverack training modules\"?
    G
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    \"Unfortunately, you cannot use two ZCs to control any one parameter within the ZonePRO series. This is because these ZCs work on DC voltage and resistance. You can, however, use 3rd party control to control the same parameters from two or more locations. However, this does bring the cost of the system up substantially\".

I borrowed this post by mikejoeydbx without permission. So sue me. The post is about ZonePro series but applies to anything you can plug a ZC controller into.

Dennis
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :lol::lol::lol: Thanks Dennis...I couldn't have said it better myself! :D I love that userping stuff... it just makes me want to...SMELL... the roses!

Like Dennis said... 8)