edited March 2010 in Connectivity
Hi Folks,
My set up -
Behringer MX1804X Desk
Behringer FBQ3102 Dual EQ
Australian Monitor AM1200 Quad Amp
Peavey Scorpion, 15 and Horn Speakers FOH. 1 each side
Behringer powered speakers, 15 and Horn for Monitors x 3

I run a simple set up with left side of desk goin FOH and right side to monitors which are linked together. Should i insert the AFS 224 before or after the EQ?
Cheers Adza.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Personally I like to insert it directly on the mic channels that are giving you problems. Well, in the DR260, the AFS is after the EQ.
    There are some advantages to putting it in either way, and also some disadvantages. I would advise that you set the "tone" of the system with the GEQ before you use the AFS.

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You probably need it with that feedback generator (BEH 3102 eq) in the system... I HATE those things...they sound terrible, actually cause feedback and wreck havoc on the system sound...ISH :evil:

G
  • adzaadza Posts: 8
    I dont think the desk will let me insert it on the mic channels?.. And also i gotta run 3 to 4 mics. Gone from a garage band to working band and gotta make do with this.
    The EQ i have been suspect on but not had another to swap it out with which is why i'm lookin at the AFS. I was'nt sure if the behringer gear was'nt half the problem.? Get what ya pay for!
    Cheers Ad.
    Go post EQ and pool some dough together and get a driverack, you won't believe the difference it will make! It has a ton of tools you need and it's only one rack space and you can then sell the BEH eq and AFS...
    Gadget
    Thats the plan man, how will the drive rack go with powered wedges and non powered FOH?
    Perfect! you have a full palate of filters and xovers suitable for systems with mixed powered and passive speakers. The PX has 2X4 system capability but cannot be split, the DRPA has up to 2x6, and the 260 could run 6 way systems if necessary...
    G
    Great thanks for the help folks,
    p.s. cool avatar G. :lol: